View Beeville’s Historic Properties at www.downtowntx.org. Learn about properties for sale, lease, or just view historic pictures and facts to learn more about Beeville’s downtown. Coming Soon!
105 W. Corpus Christi - Beeville, Texas
The Bee County Courthouse is a fine example of the Classical Revival Style. Of particular significance are the Grand Portico and Projecting Pediment entry with Corinthian columns and Dentils along the roofline. The Chicago style windows are also noteworthy. Also unusual is Stephenson's Lady of Justice; unlike most such symbols, she is not depicted as blind.
Located: Veterans Memorial Park, Beeville, Texas
Latitude: 28.3986096 Longitude: -97.7697204
Course Type: Permanent
Year Established: 2005
Course Landscape / Terrain: Moderately Hilly & Moderately Wooded
Holes/Baskets: 18 ( [Water in play] x 3 ) / 18Holes
Course Length: Metric 5842 ft. Metric
Par Info: 54 Par
Multiple Tees / Pins: No / No
Tee Type: Dirt
Hole Type: DISCatcher
Rounds Recorded / Average Score: 23 / 57.95
Description: 18 holes plus a practice basket. In 200 acre park with old-growth live oak, willow and mesquite. Front 9 longer with many holes guarded by majestic live oaks. Back 9 shorter and tighter. Elevation. Creeks in play.
Information and photo provided by: www.dgcoursereview.com
The McClanahan House is the oldest business structure in Beeville. The building, the second store built in Beeville by George W. McClanahan, was erected around 1867 on the east side of the courthouse square, near Poesta Creek. The house served as general store, lodging house, and post office. It was built in the pioneer western style, with southern porches. McClanahan was Beeville’s first merchant; he was among the first to buy auctioned lots in the newly formed town of Beeville in 1859. McClanahan also served as schoolteacher, postmaster, county clerk, innkeeper, and Sunday school superintendent. After McClanahan’s death, L.F. Roberts purchased and operated the store for many years.
200 Block E. Corpus Christi, BeeviIIe, TX
Beeville Art Museum
The Beeville Art Museum is housed in the beautiful Esther Barnhart House. The house was built in 1910 by the R.L. Hodges family and continued to be occupied by descendants of its original owners until 1975. In 1981, the Hodges house and adjacent acreage were purchased by Dr. Joe Barnhart of Houston. Dr. Barnhart named the Hodges house the Esther Barnhart House in honor of his mother. He then developed the land into a park to be used for the enjoyment of the community and named the park the Joe Barnhart Park in honor of his father.
Visit Beeville Art Museum's website at www.bamtexas.org
Veteran's Monuments in Bee County
Navy Jet- This Navy Jet is located on the corner of Washington and Corpus Christi Street on the Court House square. It was dedicated to the Chase Field Naval Air Station that used to be active in Beeville but closed in 1992.
Blue Star Memorial- Located on the corner of Highway 59 and Washington Street. On the Court House square. It is dedicated to all Mothers who have lost a loved one during all American wars.
G.I. Forum- This monument is dedicated to all Veterans of Bee County. The maker is located on the north side of the Court House square.
World War I- The names on the wall inside the Court House are of the men that lost their lives in WWI in Bee County. The Bee County Court House is located on the corner of Washington (Business 181) and Hwy 59.
Battlefield Cross at Veteran’s Plaza- Located on St. Mary’s Street across from the Bee County Court House on the east side. Between the buildings you will find pavers with the names of veterans from Bee County and the Battlefield Cross in front.
Veterans Memorial Park- City of Beeville Park that is dedicated to all Veterans of Bee County. The park is located on State Highway 673 (Minnesota Street). Inside the Veterans Memorial Park, at the east entrance, sits a monument dedicated to all men that gave their lives in all four wars. The names of WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam Bee County soldiers are engraved on the monument surrounded by American and military flags.
A.C. Jones High School- The Veterans Memorial Stadium was named in honor of all veterans from Beeville. It is located behind the A.C. Jones High School at 1902 N. Adams Street. Inside the Veterans Memorial Stadium is a monument with names of Veterans from Bee County. Inside the A. C. Jones High School is a plaque with names of men and women who graduated from A. C. Jones High School that served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.
Contact information regarding any of the monuments: Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9170 361-358-1331; American Legion Post 274361-319-6554; Vietnam Veterans of American Post 929 361-343-2394; Iraq & Afghanistan Org. Chapter 1979-216-7247.