Beeville Main Street-Experience Beeville, Texas
Upcoming Events in Beeville
Bee County residents and local artist are invited to participate in the Living History Logo Contest.
- Contest begins Monday, Feb. 25th and will end Friday, March 8, 2013
- Participants must turn in their logo's to the Joe Barnhart-Bee County Library by or before March 8, 2013
- Contest forms can be downloaded here or can be picked up at the Joe Barnhart-Bee County Library or at City Hall's information desk.
- Entry fee to participate is $10.00 per entry
- Winner will be awarded $100.00 and their logo will be used as the brand for the Bee County Living History Celebration and the designer and the design will be part of our living history
Logo Specifications and Rules: Logo's must display our history, such as; farming/ranching, chase field naval base, historic homes or buildings, people of Bee County history, railroad, or oil industry. You may use any aspect of our history. Logo's must be displayed on 8.5" X 11" letter size paper and have to include the words: Bee County Living History Celebration.
Please write your name and contact information on the back of the logo. Submissions with contact information on the front with logo will be disqualified.
The winner will be determined by the public. Logo submissions will be displayed at Prosperity Bank during banking hours, starting March 12 through March 25, 2013. The public is invited to vote on their favorite logo.
The winner will be announced on April 6, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. in front of the McClanahan House.
For more information please contact Shirley O'Neil at 361-343-3119.
Download Entry Form
The Farmer's Market has been canceled for November and December. We are currently seeking local produce growers who would like to participate in the downtown farmer's market for next summer and fall at no cost to them. Main Street is working to build the farmer's market around locally grown fresh produce and I would appreciate your help. If you are a local produce grower or know someone who is, please contact my office at 362-0368 or call 361-358-4641 and leave a message. Produce vendor spaces will be FREE.
Main Street's Mission-Seek to enhance downtown vibrancy and historic preservation by using the National Trust Main Street Center's Four-Point Approach of organization, design, economic development and promotions.
Main Street's Vision- To preserve downtown Beeville's rich history as a community-gathering place whose dynamic economy invites residents and visitors.
About the Main Street Program
The program is part of the Texas Main Street Program run by the Texas Historical Commission. Beeville became an official Texas Main Street City in 2006. It also is affiliated with the National Trust Main Street Center run by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The Main Street Four-Point Approach to downtown revitalization within the context of historic preservation has been successful in more than 1,200 towns and cities across the country. View 4-Point Approach
The Main Street program also makes the following services available to downtown businesses:
- Design assistance such as architectural site visits
- Interior design and window display assistance
- Visual merchandising assistance